Thursday, January 24, 2008
Did you know that?
* Do you know that you had 350 bones, but an adult has only 206 in his skeleton. Many fuse together
* You spend one third of your life in sleep. Children neeed at least nine hours of sleep daily
* You have 639 muscles in your body
* On one square inch of your skin, you can have as many as 20 blood vessels,78 nerves, 78 heat sensors, 13 cold sensors, 160-165 pressure sensors, 13 cold sensors, 160-165 pressure sensors, 650 sweat glands and 1,300 nerve endings.
* Your body metabolic rate decreases when you watch TV. It can cause obesity especially among children
* Too much sleep can make you tired and sluggish. On the other hand, inadequate sleep cab shorten the life span by eight to 10 years.
* Viewing certain kinds of flashing lights or patterns such as some TV pictures or playing certain video games can be harmful. Some people experience seizures
* You need to take 10 to 15 minutes breaks every hour when playing video game for long time
* Exciting amusements like violent games can dwarf the intellect. Its influence is destructive.